Charcoal Face Mask: how does it work?
Charcoal Face Mask: what is it? How to apply? What does it do for you?
Recently Charcoal Face Masks have become increasingly trendy.
These masks are an efficient solution to remove blackheads, but also as an alternative to:
- More expensive facial treatments at beauty salons;
- squeezing blackheads with your hands, which can be painful and may cause inflammation.
This topic deserves to be discussed in depth to give you tips in order to obtain the best result for your skin, avoiding some unpleasant surprises.
You may have wondered: does the charcoal mask really work or is it just another fad?
Here is our opinion about this charcoal mask craze.
What is the charcoal mask made of? How does it work?
The charcoal mask is mainly made with charcoal, giving it its unusual black colour. This natural ingredient works like a magnet to capture and suck out blackheads.
Charcoal masks naturally purify the face thanks to the active ingredients they contain. After applying the mask evenly onto your face, leave it to dry for about half an hour so it starts to capture impurities while creating a thin film which you can then easily peel off.
Where the mask is a good-quality product, the film formed after drying absorbs excess oil and sucks out the impurities, in particular blackheads and dead cells.
Skin appears visibly clearer and feels smoother and softer to the touch. The effect is particularly noticeable on parts of the face where the skin tends to be oily, such as the nose and cheeks.
Now you know how easy it is to use a charcoal mask. The help of a professional is certainly not required, but be aware that the effectiveness of the mask strictly relies on the quality of the ingredients it contains.
It seems obvious that, no matter whether shopped online or in-store, not all products available on the market are of a similar quality. Some, often made in Asia, are likely to be of scarce quality and promise the same results as quality products but are in fact unlikely to be effective nor even safe to use.
That said, does charcoal face mask really work?
Of course, it works… but only if you use a high-quality product made with natural ingredients.
You are about to find out an effective remedy to get rid of blackheads that is fairly affordable compared to alternative treatments and easy to use.
However, you have been warned – stay alert when choosing your charcoal mask, especially when it comes to cheap items imported from Asia.
How to use the charcoal face mask?
It is important to follow the correct procedures when applying the charcoal face mask in order to get the most out of it against blackheads and skin impurities.
Here are the steps you should follow to do it right:
- First, cleanse your skin before use. We advise to apply the charcoal mask after getting out of the shower or after washing your face with warm water. This helps to open the pores, making it easier for the mask to remove impurities.
- Then, gently pat dry your face with a towel.
- Proceed with the application of your charcoal mask. Scoop an even layer over your entire face using your fingertips (usually with your index and middle fingers). Avoid applying to the eye contour, eyebrows and lips. Make sure to apply the right amount of product to ensure the effectiveness of the treatment. You will quickly be able to use the perfect amount required of the product after the first applications (neither too little nor too much, so that it is not uncomfortable nor sticky).
- Now, just relax and leave on for approximately 30 minutes, the time for the charcoal mask to work its magic and dry. It is time to take it off once the mask starts peeling off when gently contracting the muscles of your face.
- Here comes the final step: gently peel the mask off using your fingertips. We recommend you to proceed from the bottom of your face upwards slowly and gently.
- You may wish to take a close look at the solid film you have just removed from your skin to see how many impurities have been trapped in it, and assess the effectiveness of the charcoal mask.
Charcoal mask: ingredients
You may be wondering what ingredients make this treatment so convenient and effective.
What do these popular charcoal face masks contain?
As mentioned above, the best charcoal masks must be exclusively, or at least mainly, made with natural ingredients.
Activated charcoal is the key ingredient. It gives our face mask its particular colour and it works like a magnet to absorb excess sebum and suck out blackheads.
As a general warning, avoid products containing many chemical ingredients as well as products made in China. Great skin products made with natural ingredients do exist — to recognise one of them all it takes is to read the INCI list that is to say the ingredient list labelled on it.
Besides charcoal, the best face masks may also be combined with other natural ingredients to enhance its effectiveness. Some of these beneficial active ingredients are aloe vera, calendula and chamomile.
However, only another natural wonder ingredient can turn a good-quality charcoal mask in an even better one: the precious snail slime. Here is why.
Charcoal face mask with snail slime: have you ever heard about charcoal face mask with snail slime?
Mira Cosmetici Naturali charcoal face mask with snail slime
Mira Cosmetici charcoal face mask with snail slime is one of the most innovative products our laboratories have developed.
It is a natural product of the highest quality. It obviously contains activated charcoal and is combined with other precious ingredients to enhance its effectiveness and multiply the benefits.
Our charcoal face mask contains pure Helix Aspersa snail slime.
Snail slime is particularly known for its powerful moisturising properties and exfoliating effect. The skin feels amazingly soft to the touch and moisturised after the application.
Mira Cosmetici only uses the finest snail slime available on the market. It comes from our own organic farms located in the northern Piedmont countryside. We respect the entire life cycle of the snails in our farms, and the part beyond our production capacity comes from Italian farmers who follow our same procedures and standards and who are part of the Italian Snail Farmers Federation (Confederazione Italiana Elicicoltori).
Besides snail slime, the Mira Cosmetici charcoal face mask also contains:
- Aloe vera: moisturising, antihistaminic, refreshing and anti-redness, soothing, purifying, anti-ageing and regenerating. Suitable for sensitive skin for its soothing, calming and anti-redness actions. Aloe vera also has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties and is therefore a suitable active ingredient for cleansing and get rid of skin impurities.
- Calendula: has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, calming, soothing properties. Particularly suitable for dry and irritated skin.
- Chamomile: has anti-inflammatory, soothing, regenerating and purifying properties. Ideal for treating acne on sensitive skin, oily skin and skin with imperfections.
The above-mentioned ingredients carefully blended together make an ultra-purifying product which stimulates the tissue oxygenation. The combined properties of charcoal and glycolic acid (naturally contained in the slime) enhance the exfoliating action of the charcoal mask.
This product is particularly appreciated by our customers since its launch on the market, and most of them have actually take this charcoal face mask in their skincare routine.
You can purchase Mira Cosmetici charcoal face mask on our online shop. Your order will be dispatched no later than the day after you have placed your order. Getting the product directly to your home is very easy and you get free delivery on orders over EUR 60.
How often should the charcoal face mask be used?
Although it goes without saying that there are various skin types we recommend to apply the charcoal face mask weekly.
You can apply it more often depending on your skin state. For example, if you live in an environment that is quite polluted, a more frequent use will be appropriate.
Which product should be applied after the charcoal mask?
After peeling the charcoal mask off, your skin significantly feels cleaner and softer and is ready to absorb your most beloved face cream or serum.
Mira Cosmetici Naturali offers different products you can apply after a charcoal mask to complete the treatment: the pure drops, face serum and face cream are all outstanding products that complement the charcoal mask.
Keep an eye on our website to read our next post and find out how best to use these three products together.
- Beauty (6)